Extra salary to full time emloyees
The indigenous Indian company I am working with has downsizes in March 2014 and the HR personnel told us, (not in written format) that they will provide the basic salary of April 2014 along with other remunerations(Gratuity, Earned leave in cash, and working days of March 2014). But the company now says they wont provide the basic salary of April 2014 although they paid all others remunerations, except extra month payment.
My main Query is, Is getting extra month payment our right?, or Was it just a goodwill of company to provide the extra month payment, which they can alter as I mention above? If this is our right then how can we receive it? There are hundreds of employees who suffered due to this downsizing and the volatile policy of company. Please guide us on our employees right as per IPC, regarding the extra payment, when company layoffs.
It is nothing but retrenchment in the sweet name of downsizing, There are legal formalities for retrenching people for which the company has to pay prescribed compensation. All the retrenched employees now should lodge a complaint before the local labor commissioner.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
- IPC Section 201 - Causing disappearance of evidence of offence, or giving false information to screen offender
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can parents claim in sons PF after his death.
- Brother harassed in rehab centre
- Married for 11 years what are my rights being a married woman
- Can I exit a contract with a company after serving notice period?
- Ancestral property sold fraudulently. can we claim our share?