Can employment once promised be refused at a later stage?
What are the rights of an executive who on being promised a job by a competing firm is asked to provide an NOC from the current firm ( indicating that the current firm has no objection in the employee joining the said competitor), but eventually the said employee is refused an offer?
It depends on whether you had received the Offer Letter / Appointment Letter or not. You cannot claim the job from the company, however you can claim compensation for the losses or damage incurred by you due to the said offer.
You shall have to file a suit for damages and compensation against the company and you can take action on the following grounds:
i. Loss of employment as you had already resigned from your earlier job and obtained an NOC as well, with respect to the job.
ii. If any agreement was signed then breach of contract. In case of no contract, you can also bring the ground of promissory estoppel.
iii. Loss of livelihood.
iv. Violation of principles of natural justice as you were not given a chance to be heard before cancelling your job offer.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- I paid 70k to my friend before 3 yrs now need to recover
- Further action after Judgement passed in Delhi State Consumer forum
- Can father refuse to give share in ancestral property to daughter
- what does istridhan includes?
- Where can i file defamation case? Which place to file it?