quesCan employment once promised be refused at a later stage?

What are the rights of an executive who on being promised a job by a competing firm is asked to provide an NOC from the current firm ( indicating that the current firm has no objection in the employee joining the said competitor), but eventually the said employee is refused an offer?


  • ans


    It depends on whether you had received the Offer Letter / Appointment Letter or not. You cannot claim the job from the company, however you can claim compensation for the losses or damage incurred by you due to the said offer.


    You shall have to file a suit for damages and compensation against the company and you can take action on the following grounds:


    i. Loss of employment as you had already resigned from your earlier job and obtained an NOC as well, with respect to the job.


    ii. If any agreement was signed then breach of contract. In case of no contract, you can also bring the ground of promissory estoppel.


    iii. Loss of livelihood.


    iv. Violation of principles of natural justice as you were not given a chance to be heard before cancelling your job offer.


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • Send Legal Notice For Recovery Of Dues From Employer With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Labour & Service Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am terminated from a psu bank for absence from duty as reason , will…
Is it legal for the previous employer to contact the new employer to recover dues…
I have given resignation on 31st of December 2015 on company system and it has…

how can i get my job back in LIC

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>