Can i drive other state registered vehicle in Chennai?
Can i use my other state registered car in Chennai / Tamilnadu? If i get pulled off, what is the fine amount, i need to pay to government. Also, please let me know complete information on this subject please. Thanks..
Yes you are allowed to drive your car registered in one city in any other city. There is no fine amount as such as long as you haven’t moved to Chennai permanently.
Then you are required to apply for the registration to be changed at the concerned RTO in Chennai. At the very least apply for a NOC from your home RTO which will cost you nothing.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Documents that i need to safeguard land in buying unregistered land?
- Unable to pay phone EMI how can I save myself
- Matter forwarded to police for investigation in false case by wife.
- Frivolous and false FIR and travel restrictions for a NRI
- Need to draft NDA for a startup