Made game based on book series.Should i ask for copyright from author?
I have made a card game based on a book series. Am I supposed to take copyright from the author to publish it?
Yes, to avoid any litigation, you have to take the permission from the author before publishing the cards. A book which has been published is protected from any kind of copying - directly or for ideas, under the Intellectual Property Protection (IPR).
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Trademark & Copyright Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- Want to marry US citizen under what laws our marriage is governed
- What to do if husband is avoiding me after reconciliation
- College asking full to quit course and return original mark sheets
- Can I marry my mother's cousin sister's son it this allowed under laws
- how to get Encroachment free street where no map with municipality