Made game based on book series.Should i ask for copyright from author?
I have made a card game based on a book series. Am I supposed to take copyright from the author to publish it?
Yes, to avoid any litigation, you have to take the permission from the author before publishing the cards. A book which has been published is protected from any kind of copying - directly or for ideas, under the Intellectual Property Protection (IPR).
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Trademark & Copyright Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How can I go abroad after being acquitted under 498A case
- Eviction of tenant on grounds of non payment of tent since last 6month
- Delay in possession of commercial property what can I do
- Already married woman wants to marry another muslim man. What to do?
- how to file a defamation case as someone beat me