Am i liable for cheque bounce if the party also owes me more money?
Dear Sir I was in partnership for five months with party b and party c, both the parties had agree to pay me rs 8000 per month for telemarketing. This amount they havent paid to me. I have it on contract. To add to this the office rental etc.. came upto Rs 15000/- which I was liable to pay to party b and Party c. Now party b and party c owe me rs 40,000 and I owe them Rs 15000/- they havent paid me and I have issued them a cheque, I have sent them a letter email and sms not to deposit the cheque. Still if they deposit it shall I be liable as per law???? Kindly help!
We suggest that you should not stop the payment. Let them deposit the cheque and withdraw the amount.
As you mentioned that you have contract, then we suggest that through an advocate you should send them a legal notice and thereafter file a suit for specific performance against them thereby enforcing the term of the contract
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- apply for home loan while paying maintenance
- How to make a new will and cancel old one
- Case filed 1.5 year back but no trace of the case status online
- Are cab parking charges at airports taken from customers legal
- Father selling property does he require son's signature for same