quesAm i liable for cheque bounce if the party also owes me more money?

Dear Sir I was in partnership for five months with party b and party c, both the parties had agree to pay me rs 8000 per month for telemarketing. This amount they havent paid to me. I have it on contract. To add to this the office rental etc.. came upto Rs 15000/- which I was liable to pay to party b and Party c. Now party b and party c owe me rs 40,000 and I owe them Rs 15000/- they havent paid me and I have issued them a cheque, I have sent them a letter email and sms not to deposit the cheque. Still if they deposit it shall I be liable as per law???? Kindly help!

We suggest that you should not stop the payment. Let them deposit the cheque and withdraw the amount.

As you mentioned that you have contract, then we suggest that through an advocate you should send them a legal notice and thereafter file a suit for specific performance against them thereby enforcing the term of the contract

• Send a legal notice for cheque bounce @ Rs. 1999/- only