Will not probated not filed in the court on record property purchased?

Dear all concerned, Our grand father's will to his 2 brother appointed as a executors of the will in running oocj suit in the mumbai high both the brother filed the chamber summons in the court that in due course they will apply for probate for the will but they dint do so and they have sold the property by obtaining the consent decree from the high court this transaction is valid in the eyes of law. Also original will is whereabouts we can initiate FIR or complaint against the oposition who has purchased the property without the consent of the legal heirs of the owners. Thank you.

Answers (1)

500 votes

As per the Hindu Succession Act. the property is divided amongst window wife of deceased and children. If as per the Will, if the property was given to some other person and the brothers were just appointed executor then they cannot sell the property to anyone.

We suggest you to file a suit thereby seeking cancellation of sale deed and place the Will on record.

Further you can file a criminal case against your Grandfather's brother for cheating under Section 420 IPC and make the buyer also a party. 

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."