Will be made in case of a disputed property as case still pending

Can a will be made of a surplus land,if there is some piece of land whose case is going on from many years and the person who is fighting the case of the land can he register a will in the name of his son saying that in future if the case is won this piece of land should only belong to my son and no one else.

Answers (2)

198 votes

Firstly a will cannot be made for contingent events...
Because wining a case or not is a contingent event...
And right can be transfered only if one has it...

So If a person making will dies before winning the case then the will is invalidbhowever if the person dies after winning the case then will is valid...
So the choice is up to you ..

And with regards to making of will or any other solution, we can discuss it on phone or in a meeting ..
You can contact me through LawRato anytime for that...

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

347 votes

No, a will cannot be made with respect to the land in dispute. This would be creating third party interests and it would be highly illegal. You can always file an interim application in court to get full ownership and possession over that land.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."