quesWhat right in property does an adopted daughter have?

My aunt has 2 daughters, out of which one is adopted.

Now she has drafted a Will in favor of her own daughter and not giving any share in the property.

What right in property does an adopted daughter have?

  • ans

    Please tell us whether the property of your aunt is ancestral or self acquired?

    It is very important to know that because the whole distribution of property depends on the status of the property.

    Assuming you’re aunt is a Hindu,

    Basically an adopted child have equal rights in the property as compared to the natural born child.

    So, if the property is ancestral then the adopted daughter will have equal rights in the said property.

    But if the property is self acquired, then your aunt can dispose off the property as per her wish by making a Will.

    If she makes a Will in favor of the natural born daughter then, the only option available to her would be that she can contested the said Will.

  • Draft Your Will With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Wills / Trusts Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Wills / Trusts lawyers in India

Similar questions

A will executed in 2003, a year after the death of a person and mutation…
Dear Sir, Good Morning!! My husband has taken one piece of land for development in…
Our father has made a will in Singapore in the name of 3 brothers now…
can the executor of a will ask for the transmission of shares in his name?…

Wills / Trusts Lawyers in India

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Saurabh Dalal

  Punjab and Haryana High Court
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Riddhi Shah

  Borivali East
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly