Person in whose favor Will was made died. Where does the Will stand?

My grandfather made a Will in favor of my grandmother but after few years my grandmother passed away but my grandfather still alive.

What is the standing of the old Will?

And also that can now my father’s sisters ask for share in the property?

We are poor, can we get to keep the property?


Is the property ancestral or self acquired by your grandfather?

Assuming you are Hindus and the property is ancestral,

Initially I would like to know that, if any Will was drafted after the death of the grandmother?

If no Will was drafted then, the property being ancestral property it will be divided as per the Succession Act. And your father’s sister will have equal share in the property as per the law.

If any Will was drafted after the death of your grandmother then, the property will be divested as per the new Will.

Now regarding your query,

After the death of the grandmother, the old Will has no standing and will no longer be valid.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Probate of Will

4.6 | 73 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Filing for Probate of Will through a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Will

4.4 | 122 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Will review by a local experienced advocate
Will at Home

No Ratings
30 Min Intro Call + Start to finish help - Will drafted at home by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Wills / Trusts Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 351 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Will / Trust issue
Create a Trust

4.8 | 132 ratings
30 Min Intro Call + Start to finish help - Create a Trust through a local experienced advocate
Draft a Will

4.8 | 276 ratings
30 Min Intro Call + Start to finish help - A customised Will drafted by a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

10 people come together to start a committee of RS 1 lakh. Every month part of Committee was paid on time by every member. And month the lottery was g…

Read More

my grandparents made a joint will in goa stating that each of their grandchildren will get flats in all of their properties. my grandfather passed awa…

Read More


Read More

Can a person write a will for a company, either from his ancestral or self acquired property? For suppose, can a director of a company write a will wh…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue