my grandmother in law has a property. what does my son and i get if i decide to get separated from my husband. i have a seven months old baby boy.

Answers (1)

256 votes

If you decide to separate from your husband then you cannot claim share on the property of your grandmother in law.

As per the various judgement of High Court and Supreme Court have clearly stated that wife has no right on the property of the in laws.

However if you want to reside in the said premises and have been residing in the share household then you can claim the same under Section 19 of the Domestic Violence Act. 

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."