Mother and sister made false Will. How to get share in that property?

My father died recently. I came to know that a Will was made in favor of my mother and sister.

But the problem is my father was paralyzed for a few years and could not have been able to sign the said Will. Now my mother and sister are not allowing me to enter the house.

How can I get my share in the said property.

Answers (1)

94 votes

Issue legal notice to your mother and sister through an advocate that after your father's death you have 1/3rd share in property.

That inspite of being aware that you are 1/3rd owner you are not being permitted  to enter the house.

Also file a suit for partition. Pending hearing and final disposal of suit you can request the court that you may be permitted to reside in said house.

In case your mother /sister rely upon the alleged will made by your father they will have to apply for probate. Both suits will be clubbed together.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."