×

Legal query regarding religious trust

My grandfather has a religious trust which he had got by his guruji this trust has one temple and many agriculture lands in the village so, he is only custodian does he any right to sell this property some broker says you have to change the motive of trust to sell these lands by giving bribe to charity commissioner is it not illegal does anyone could raise issue in future how any custodian can sell religious trust property . Does charity commissioner got punished for this.

Sir, only the trustee has the legal powers to sell the property of the land. The custodian is only the caretaker of the property and has no right to sell the properties of the trust. And even if motive of trust is changed, the custodian is still not authorized to sell the property of the trust.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Anubhav Almadi
District Court, Gurgaon, Gurgaon
Advocate Riddhi Shah
Borivali East, Mumbai
Advocate Namrata Jayakar
Churchgate, Mumbai
Advocate Saurabh Dalal
Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh