Legal query regarding religious trust

My grandfather has a religious trust which he had got by his guruji this trust has one temple and many agriculture lands in the village so, he is only custodian does he any right to sell this property some broker says you have to change the motive of trust to sell these lands by giving bribe to charity commissioner is it not illegal does anyone could raise issue in future how any custodian can sell religious trust property . Does charity commissioner got punished for this.

Answers (1)

151 votes

Sir, only the trustee has the legal powers to sell the property of the land. The custodian is only the caretaker of the property and has no right to sell the properties of the trust. And even if motive of trust is changed, the custodian is still not authorized to sell the property of the trust.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."