Is beneficiary's right affected if Will is challenged in court?

My mother is presently 85 yrs old. My father had executed an undated will in 2005 in favour of my mother before he died in 2007. It was witnessed by my 2nd brother and his friend. My 3rd brother has filed a case for partition and challenged the will also. It seems my fathers signature is not tallying. Will it affect the right of my mother?

My brother who has filed the case is alleging that my brother who witnessed the will has done a fraud although he is not a beneficiary in any manner. Will it affect my brother who had witnessed the will?

I am in favour of my mother.

Answers (1)

55 votes

See firstly with respect to the validity of the will that shall be tested by the Court. There shall be forensic analysis, the evidence of 2 witnesses shall be taken into account, other circumstantial evidence shall also be considered and thereafter the validity of the will shall be decided. 

If the Court decides that the will is not valid then yes your mother’s right shall be affected.

Now the fact that your brother is alleging that the other brother has played fraud, for the same he shall have to adduce evidence and the fact that he is not even a beneficiary in the said will then it shall be difficult for your other brother to prove that he played fraud. It will only affect your brother if your other brother is able to prove that there was fraud.

Kindly contact us for any further details and action.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."