If under Will property is in my name can it be challenged later

My mother & I share a common property which she has willed to me after her death. However, I believe it can still be challenged after her death, unless, her share is gifted to me while she is alive. As there is a really strong chance that it could be disputed after she is no more, she is very keen to gift it to me while she is alive. She is 87 years old and in very poor and fragile health .... cannot be going to registrar's offices etc. Is there any way that the gifting can be done at home? I am the first holder in the flat and she is second.

Answers (1)

222 votes

Your grandmother can execute a power of attorney to have the gift deed registered. However, this power of attorney will need to be attested by the sub-registrar of the district where you and your grandmother reside. There will be stamp duty and tax implication of such a transfer of property and the gift deed will have to be drafted clearly. Feel free to get in touch with the LawRato team at 9599-000-555 for further assistance.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."