how to find out if a will has gone through a probate or not

Hi My relatives are not giving me a copy of the will document I need to find out if this 'will' has gone through a probate or is even registered. How do I find that out ? Can it be done online? And Is there a general time frame between completion of probate and execution of will?

Most courts are now computerized. Judgments and orders are easily available online even for district courts. You could search through the concerned court's website by name.

Though this does not work 100% of the times, it would be a good place to start.

Thereafter, you could file an RTI application before the concerned sub registrar to find out whether the will has been registered. Do note that there is no legal requirement for registration of a will. You could always challenge the execution of the will by going to court where the other side will be compelled to produce the original will.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers