Grandparents made a Joint Will. There after grandma made another will.

my grandparents made a joint will in goa stating that each of their grandchildren will get flats in all of their properties. my grandfather passed away in 1999 and my dads sister made my grandma make another will in 2000.there was no transfer probate done for the will made in 2000. . my grandma passed away in aunt has made her put on the will that she will be the landlady after her death to the question is can the joint will be revoked can we contest the latest will in court can she do anything without my father n other siblings signatures most properties r joint name

Answers (1)

494 votes

Please clarify the meaning of "Joint Will"?

If your grandfather made the Will, then your grandmother has no right to change the Will unless she was given the authority to change the Will.

Further your query is silent on the fact what were the terms of Will with respect to your grandmother?

Was she given the power to change the Will. Please provide complete facts, so that we can answer your query.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."