Father made a unregistered will can I claim property

hi Sir, i have my father's property who has left with only a non registered will on twenty rupees non judicial stamp paper favoring on me who is whole and sole authority to claim apart from my family members (sisters) who has got settled well after marriage, now my question is do i need sisters signature also to claim for me? Please clarify.Thanks

No you do not need any of your sisters to sign off as long as the will was validly executed. The will should have been signed in the presence of two witnesses. Further, a will does not require registration to be binding. You may apply to have the properties transferred in your name based on the will. This process will vary depending on the type of properties left behind.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers