Father made a unregistered will can I claim property

hi Sir, i have my father's property who has left with only a non registered will on twenty rupees non judicial stamp paper favoring on me who is whole and sole authority to claim apart from my family members (sisters) who has got settled well after marriage, now my question is do i need sisters signature also to claim for me? Please clarify.Thanks

Answers (1)

251 votes

No you do not need any of your sisters to sign off as long as the will was validly executed. The will should have been signed in the presence of two witnesses. Further, a will does not require registration to be binding. You may apply to have the properties transferred in your name based on the will. This process will vary depending on the type of properties left behind.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."