Clarification on unlawful possession of property with registered Will

My grandmother was widow and was working with a person for 37 years and lived in his house. I used to stay part time in his house after my birth. He made a will for his property to one other party and gives right to live to my grandmother untill her death. Other floors and shops given to other party.First floor of property where my grandmother lived with me and my parents. Donor gives me movable assets and give right to my grandmother to live untill her death. All other assets clearly mentioned in will to other party only first floor is in question.But other party claims that he is the owner of first floor though not mentioned a ownership to the question is who is the owner of first floor? The will is registered.Donor had nor son nor wife nor other relatives in blood relation. We have a possession since 10 years.

Answers (1)

162 votes

As you have been in possession of the said first floor since 10 years, and as the person in his will stated that he is giving the property to your grandmother until her death. Thus, you can enjoy the possession until your Grandmother is alive. Also, if someone claims the first floor then, make sure he has all the required documents to claim the same.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."