quesCan son object the sale of property by mother Willed by father to her?

X Got a vacant plot by way of a will from her husband (He self acquired it ).She sold/gifted out the same property in 2010.

Now, if some of her children have any objection to the Sale/Gift deed she made, should they have to file cancellation suit on the sale/gift deed ?Or first they have to challenge the will and win separately and then only can oppose the all ready registered deed?

  • ans

    As we understand you situation, the property sold/gifted by x is her absolute property.

    Section 14 in The Hindu Succession Act, 1956 specifically states that such property acquired by way of gift from her husband shall be her absolute property. X has every right to dispose of such property in whatever way she likes. 

    Therefore her children do not have any right to challenge such sale/gift.


  • Draft Your Will With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Wills / Trusts Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Wills / Trusts lawyers in India

Similar questions

Under this law that applies to Christians, whe a spouse dies intestate, then 1/3 of…

Behror, Rajasthan The disputed will is examined by our expert (retd Add Dir. of state…

can we register a will after the death of the person? the person is dead.…

Dear Sir, A very Good morning, My Father would like to distribute his assets to…

Wills / Trusts Lawyers in India

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Saurabh Dalal

  Punjab and Haryana High Court
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Riddhi Shah

  Borivali East
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>