quesCan daughter oppose registered WILL?

My grand father had three sons and a daughter. He executed a WILL in the form of notary which was not registered. On the basis of notary the properties were divided between the sons and they were enjoying those properties from the past 4 years. Some of the properties were given for his grand children. Recently, his daughter had mentioned in a notice belonging to a bank account that she had not been given any share in the WILL. Even some already existing nationalized banks in our properties accepted the WILL and they also executed a fresh lease with us after the sudden death of my grand father. Does she have a right to oppose the WILL?

  • ansRegistration of WILL is not necessary. She does not have any right to oppose if the property given by your grand father was a self acquired property not an ancestral property.

    If an ancestral property, she has right in the property.

  • Draft Your Will With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Wills / Trusts Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Wills / Trusts lawyers in India

Similar questions

Sir We live in a village .me and my friends want to make an organisation…
The property which i own now is my fathers property. Can i write a will…
"In a partition suit of movable and immovable properties, if one of the defendants claim…

According to will my father got 1st floor and his brother got ground floor .…

Wills / Trusts Lawyers in India

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Saurabh Dalal

  Punjab and Haryana High Court
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Riddhi Shah

  Borivali East
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>