Tax liability in purchase of new land by selling inherited property

I am holding residential flat which is jointly purchased with my wife. Now we want to sell it. We want to purchase new property by using the same sale proceeds but in the name of our major daughter. Whether it attracts capital gain tax. Please guide me.

Answers (1)

Sir, i never deal in capital gain tax. ask the organisers to fwd the query to concern consultant deals in capital gain. i understood the subject however not having expertise in such field so unable to help you in this regards.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Tax Lawyers

Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience
Advocate Rohit Ranjan Sinha
Pur Pundag, Ranchi
11 years Experience
Advocate Nagendra Prasad
Kumara Park West, Bangalore
32 years Experience

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Tax Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

I have purchased one house in the name of one my friend and now I am willing to transfer this property in my mother's name ..Is this taxable in In…

Read More

I moved out of India to US on May 2017. I am a professional forex trader trading in currency market. As the fiscal year is closing.I would like to kno…

Read More

My father earns a yearly income of 20 lakhs which includes rent and pension. He wishes to gift me 5 lakhs from his total yearly income. My question us…

Read More

Dear Sir, We are interior work contractor of newly constructed building. Whether we should charge service tax on 70% or 40%…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue