how can i save myself from paying tax on a gift

my friend had made me a nominee and all his money has been transferred to me after his death, i want to know how can i save myself from paying tax from that money i received


As per your query, there is no way to save yourself from paying tax as it would be considered as tax evasion which is punishable by law. So it is recommended you pay whatever taxes that are due. 


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Tax Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience
Advocate Rovena David
Vimanapura, Bangalore
10 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Tax Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

We are planning to start two promotions inside Mumbai Airport : a. Lucky Draw Raffle for a premium car wherein passengers who wish to participate will…

Read More

I have purchased an under construction property almost nearing possession at the time of sale in Noida for 60 lacs. 50% payment made to builder on beh…

Read More

Sir, I was having 680 shares of blue Moon developer pvt ltd. I transfer 680 company shares to shri Sanjeev narindra bedi by agreement date 22 April 20…

Read More

M/S Rajesh Export U/S 177,415 &420. Under Income Tax & DRI Department Since the SSI I was running went under heavy loss I barrowed Rs 4000000 …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue