Excise duty benefit on purchase of car for handicapped person

I am a physical handicapped person. I want to buy new car. As per my knowledge there is an excise duty benefit to physically handicapped and the duty is reduced from 24 to 8%. I asked the Renault showroom but they have declined me this benefit. Can you please provide me some clarity regarding such a rule, and if there is such a rule can i take any legal action against Renault for denying me such a right.

The Ministry of Finance, Government of India, has allowed a concessional rate of excise duty of 8% as against the applicable rate of 16% and 24% (a) on cars being able to be driven by the physically handicapped; or (b)on cars which has been suitably designed to be able to be driven by physically handicapped; or (c) on cars meant for physically handicapped.

Popular Tax Lawyers

Advocate Manish G Varma
Fort, Mumbai
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala