quesCompany delaying to issue me my Form 16. What should i do about it?

I have served in a government organization form 2013-2014 on contractual basis. Since my project fees was 1.6 lac, i wanted to file and ITR, as the 10% of the total was already deducted out my payment every month. When i wanted to file the ITR i realized that the transactions entered in my form 26as by the employer was not correct hence i couldn't. Since last july i have been requesting the organization to issue me my form 16 but they are delaying it every time. How shall i go about it?

  • ans

    The employer will be held responsible for default if he is not depositing the TDS or not issuing the certificate in Form 16. You do not have control over the deductor.

    Hence, you should file ITR on the basis of income and TDS details you have (salary slip) and claim the TDS even if it is not deposited by your employer.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Tax Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Tax lawyers in India

Similar questions

sir i want to know that me and my husband aregovernment employee working in different…
If I have cash in hand of rupee 7 lacs. As per my book of…
I won some amount from a contest on SquadHelp.com, now to withdraw the amount, It…

Tax Lawyers in India

Advocate Ruchira Chaudhary

  Sector 50
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate N Sudalai Muthu

  Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Anupam Dighe

  S Bharucha Marg
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate Rovena David

 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly