Additional amount claimed after paying property & income tax

I have a warehouse in Thane and have rented the place. Property tax is being paid on a regular basis and TDS is deducted on the Rent received. Two taxes already being paid Property Tax & Income Tax. Now we have received a notice from TMC to submit the rental agreement to their office for which they are claiming that you will have to pay 40 % of the rent to TMC right from teh day one of the agreement . If we fail to submit the agreement they will charge us 100 INR per sqft and send a notice of the same. We have given the property at 20 INR per sqft which is the value of the property and now with this we are very tensed as the officer had visited and communicated verbally an amount that is beyond our imagination. IS there any government resolution passed in Thane that the owner has to pay the property tax , Income tax and also 40 % of the agreement value just because we have rented the property. Where can i get this information as I have teh right to information

1. Firstly , If you paid property tax in TMC then submit the said agreement , If in the said agreement there is any clause of 40% rent , deduct the rent from which you paid regular basis as a property tax & send the letter to TMC to mentioned in i paid property tax already & income tax also .

2. If any Circular , Find out that circular through RTI to make a simple application with Rs.10 Court Fee of proper & appropriate authority such as Tax Department .

With due respect to your query, however the field in which you want clarification is outside the scope of my practice. therefore, kindly ask the organisers to divert your query to the concern person practicing in Property tax and income tax matter.

best regards,

Popular Tax Lawyers

Advocate Fauzia Khan
Chaigali, Guwahati