Additional amount claimed after paying property & income tax

I have a warehouse in Thane and have rented the place. Property tax is being paid on a regular basis and TDS is deducted on the Rent received. Two taxes already being paid Property Tax & Income Tax. Now we have received a notice from TMC to submit the rental agreement to their office for which they are claiming that you will have to pay 40 % of the rent to TMC right from teh day one of the agreement . If we fail to submit the agreement they will charge us 100 INR per sqft and send a notice of the same. We have given the property at 20 INR per sqft which is the value of the property and now with this we are very tensed as the officer had visited and communicated verbally an amount that is beyond our imagination. IS there any government resolution passed in Thane that the owner has to pay the property tax , Income tax and also 40 % of the agreement value just because we have rented the property. Where can i get this information as I have teh right to information

Answers (2)

149 votes

1. Firstly , If you paid property tax in TMC then submit the said agreement , If in the said agreement there is any clause of 40% rent , deduct the rent from which you paid regular basis as a property tax & send the letter to TMC to mentioned in i paid property tax already & income tax also .

2. If any Circular , Find out that circular through RTI to make a simple application with Rs.10 Court Fee of proper & appropriate authority such as Tax Department .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

155 votes

With due respect to your query, however the field in which you want clarification is outside the scope of my practice. therefore, kindly ask the organisers to divert your query to the concern person practicing in Property tax and income tax matter.

best regards,

Popular Tax Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience
Advocate Fauzia Khan
Chaigali, Guwahati
10 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Tax Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I am Chartered accountant by profession and presently staying in a rented house. I wanted to open my office on the ground floor of the house for which…

Read More

My father deposited more then 10 lakh in my saving bank account in 2015 nd now i have IT notice for the same..what to do now?…

Read More

Dear Sir, I have a consultancy firm. We provide service to our members only. Our membership fee is 200/- and consultancy fee 51 to 1100. Our membershi…

Read More

Sir, Can a Govt. Employee deposit more than 1 Lac in Account due to Note demonetization. If that total income of 1 year is not above 2.5 lac.…

Read More