Employment on Compassionate grounds after 20 years of death

In Supreme Court Law
My father i central government employee passed away in 1998. No one in my family took a job on compassionate ground till now, i was very young at that time. My question is whether i am entitled to a job on compassionate grounds nnow after 20 years

Answers (2)

239 votes
As the query raised by you is for 20 long years after n now you are seeking the benefits of your father services from the govt. After his death.
There are numerous factor onwhich the compensation is based thus i need documents onwhich i can help n suggest the way.
Kindly take an appointment with a proper channel.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


328 votes
You should try to get employment by appraoching relevant authourities [ on some grounds such as financial hardship ] and try to gain their goodwill and preferably not apply to courts because courts may result in undue delay and because of the following...In Phoolwati vs UOI [1991 ] it was held ' The fact that the ward was minor at the time of death of his father is no grounds , unless the section itself envisage specifically otherwise , to state that as and when such a minor becomes a major he can be appointed without any time limit .' There are more judgements and views also...

Popular Supreme Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
23 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Supreme Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."