How to close a Pvt ltd company that is non functional

How to close a Pvt ltd company which I registered 1.5 years back. Which has not done any business yet and doesn't has a bank account

Answers (4)

148 votes

Hello sir,
You can close your company by voluntary winding up by making each and every compliance. Special Resolution have to be passed in board meeting. Inform ROC and appoint a liquidator. you will need a CA+ a lAwyer in tuis

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

331 votes

It's a simple process, which can be done in three steps
First Identify all the non-compliance of the company
Second Complete all the Non Compliance of the Company
Third Apply to ROC for Voluntary Winding up of the company by filing Form STK-2 (Application by company to ROC for removing its name from register of Companies)

Popular Startup Lawyers

Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
9 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
144 votes

hi sir ,
With regards to you query i would like to inform you that there is process called 'Striking off' under the companies act .I am sure i can help you with the process.You can contact me for further details with regards to the same.

282 votes

Since the company has not conducted any business or transacted, nor does it hold any assets in its name, this company would be categorised as a ‘defunct company’.

Since the company would be incorporated as per the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013, the provision relating to a defunct company is Section 248 of the 2013 Act.

As per this provision, if a company has failed to commence business within one year of its incorporation, then either the RoC May strike off the name of the company from the register of companies after sending a notice to the directors of the company; or the directors of the company can voluntarily submit an application as per Section 248(2) of the 2013 Act, to the RoC for striking off the name from the register of companies under the Fast Track Exit mode.

As per the Fast Track Exit mode, the directors of the defunct company are required to submit Form STK-2, which needs to filled as per the directions given in the prescribed manner after the conditions for filing the form have been satisfied by the directors, and submitted along with the required documents.

If the RoC is satisfied after examining the application filed by the directors of the defunct company, the RoC shall strike off the name of the company from the register of companies and notify the same to the directors of that company.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Startup Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles