Wife co - applicant in loan, due to dispute husband not paying EMI.

My friend got notice 138 by bank Her husband taken loan n (my friend)wife co applicant they both property holder and both a/c holder But now husband take off his name and now family issue so case are pending ,her husband not paying EMI and bank send notice to my friend and she is not working also in this case what she have to do how can she save her self

Your query is silent on what kind of loan your friend took from bank?

Does Section 138  you mean that your friend is served with legal notice under Section 138 of Negotiable InstrumentAct?

Was the cheque issued by your friends

Please provide complete clear facts so that we can provide legal solution