What action possible against a person who has cheated me and may more?

On 9th April I received an email from a person, from Baruch, Gujarat, explaining that they are giving making shipping websites for Rs.15500/-. After a long discussion over the phone and e-mail, I sent them Rs.15500/- that to in his father's bank account by net banking. But he did not give me the said website.

I called him many a times claiming that I want a refund after deducting money for the limited services they had rendered. But he refused to refund even a single rupee. Now he does not attend my calls. From discussions I also know that he had cheated more than 200 people from different parts of India.

What legal steps can I take against them?

Answers (1)

252 votes

We suggest you to send him and his father a legal notice thereby demanding Rs. 15,500/-.

In addition to this, you can lodge a criminal compliant under Section 420 IPC at the nearest police station.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles