Uncle threatening to recover money given forcefully

Hi...my uncle send 5 lacs to my bank account and on phone conversation told me to invest in stock market and i told him in market all money always lost so i dnt want to do...bt he forces me threat me and rold me if lost 5 lacs i wont tell u to give me back...bt then he threat me to msg daily earning 5-10k n then made 5 lac 50 lac n in fear n threat i lost 5 lac n as per msg it is 50 lac n now he asking me to gv him 50-60 lacs..i m neither his partner nor profit sharing den i m nt liable bt he threat me police complain. what should i do

Answers (3)

215 votes

No one allowed to take law in their hand, there are various legal remedies available to exhaust to recover the said amount of money,
But dont worry no prejudice shall be caused to your right, as per principle of natural justice, you shall given opportunity of being heard for the same and have faith in Indian Legal system.
If criminal complaint filed before Police then police shall call you and ask to provide justification for the same and try to reconcilate the matter within its premise and police will also bound to follow due process of law as prescribe under Crpc..
If matter reach before magistrate then he will bound to follow the due process of law as prescribe under Crpc..
If civil complaint filed for recovery of the same then Hon'ble court will follow its due process without prejudice your right.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

330 votes

Just return his 5 lacs by a mode other than cash payment. Lodge a police complaint against him for threatening you and for making unreasonable demands from you. The returns of share market trades can never be said to be guaranteed.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
178 votes

1. Firstly ,You are the part of continue harassment on behalf of your uncle .

2. Go to the police station & complaint against your uncle & then police registered the crime of harassment after First Information Report has been successfully registered .

3. Then , You can go through legal as you need of your circumstances & facts of harassment .

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles