Took personal loan but was unable to pay after few months

I am a house wife. I had taken a personal loan from citi financial in 2010 @18% int which was a big lie. Since I had a job was able to pay for 22 months. After that I could not pay.An agent had then promised to close my loan in 8000rs with a settlement letter. He vanished after taking the money. I thought it may be settled. Now after a couple of years I am receiving letters from kotak bank and my husband is receiving harassment calls and threatening calls of non bailable Warrent being issued. He is the only earning member looking after my parents, his parents,my 2yr old son n me.What do we do?

If you have the settlement letter of Kotak bank, then you can defend the case. However we will have to examine entire set of documents, before advising you further steps.