Regarding 2 lakh lent money recovery from a friend with interest

My dad had given a 2lakh loan to one of his office friend in govt office with interest one lakh for urgency without paper or agreement. He also agreed in one month but it has been 5 month since but he does not attend call and not giving money. We had a only one witness while giving the lent money.when we reached to his home ,there was locked at the how to recovery the lent dad and that person in same central govt office

Answers (3)

313 votes

you can file a case against the borrower CRIMINAL as well as civil. if the cases are filed thr borrower will certainly pay you back loan amount. however the CRIMINAL case has to b framed meticulously so as to persuade the borrower immediately as he can lose his job also.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

276 votes

Given the limited information by you.
We can move ahead in 2 ways-
Criminal and Civil
If the money is given through bank then we can move ahead with Civil litigation.
We can also go ahead with criminally against ypur father’s friend.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
147 votes

You can send him a legal notice thorugh advocate for recovery of the money.
If he still doesn't repay you then you can institute a civil suit against him for recovery of the amount due.
Since money was given without paper work then it is slight difficult to prove it , however you have a witness then it can help in your case.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles