Recovery of refundable deposit

I have paid 25000₹ of security deposit ( refundable after one month) to a company called Golden Pyramid Logistics for getting franchise. But the proprietor of the company named Sushil Singh till date has neither provided the franchise nor returning security deposit. Also, he is does not pick up the call or respond to messages. Please guide.

Answers (3)

231 votes

You can send him a notice through lawyer. However, if you want to file a case against him then you must have evidence to prove your case in court. If you believe that he took money from you just to cheat you of Rs 25,000/- and he never had intentions to give you any franchise then you can also make complaint to police for cheating.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

82 votes

you should send him a legal notice for the breach of trust and also claim compensation for the amount paid by you as security deposit and non return of the same have legal charges towards him.
once you issue the notice you can move the nclt for recovery of the loan amount.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience
334 votes

ideally before giving the deposit you must have signed an agreement so that would be an important document, secondly on the basis of the correspondence exchanged, there should be enough proof of transfer, if so, you are clearly due the amount and should send a carefully drafted legal notice to Sushil Singh as proprietor seeking the franchise or return of deposit with interest.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles