Recovery of money post the agreement period

I have given money in terms of cash and obtained signature and thumb impression on draft. The content says that the money is given only for one month at the interest 2%. But already 4 months are over, he is telling some reasons and postponing the recovery.
How to go about this issue from here?

I'd like to know on what document you have taken the signature, whether it is cheque or a promissory note. Post which, you need to
issue a legal notice for repayment of cash in advance only if the event borrower fails to repay file summary suite for recovery of your money.