Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Procedure to recover investment paid in cash

Sir/Madam, I as a partner had invested @ 40L in a residential project in 2012. The main partner having major rights has still not returned a single rupee till date. He did several transactions without my knowledge and invested in other projects coz of which the project in which I invested is still not complete. How do I recover my money coz I have paid him in cash but have a regd development agreement which states my name as a partner. Please advise.

Answers (1)

Hi. Firstly since it's a cash transaction, it will be very difficult for you to prove that you paid him the money. Secondly the transaction is of 2012, so if you take up any legal action now, i.e after 6 years, you will fail due to being barred by limitation law. At most you should have taken legal steps within 3 years of signing the contract. I suppose the development agreement you are referring to is a joint venture agreement between you and your partner. I will need to see the papers before commenting further and devising appropriate course of action. You can also try for mediation attempts with your partner, but chances are you will at the most recover a sum less than what you invested. But atleast you will get something which is better than nothing. Another approach can be filing a police complaint for fraud and cheating. So it's a very dicey situation as you did not take proper steps all this while. Time is running against you or perhaps has already outrun you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
5 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues

4.5 | 394 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Recovery Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 457 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Recovery of Dues issue
Similar questions

my father has expired on x/y/2017.he left some amount in his bank account. we are three brother and two sister and mother, one brother working in abro…

Read More

Hello, I had given a loan of 5 lakh to my friend on August 2013 and as a surety we made a agreement(e stamp paper) to give the money in 3 years>He …

Read More

Hi, I had taken loan from bank on a property. The property was under litigation. I cancelled the flat and builder gave a cheque which bounced due to i…

Read More

Can i recover my money which i lent to an acquaintance in good faith? Money was given through bank transfer.…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue