Procedure to claim money from relative not returning the same

Give me advice related cheating matter of money. What should I do? Help me for getting back my money from one of my relative.

Answers (3)

Lodge an FIR with Police and take stern actions for the earliest recovery. You can also file a civil suit for recovery of money. Other option is to file a private complaint directly with the court and resolve matter asap. Also try sending a legal notice first.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You will need to have proof that money was given to him as loan and that he is not repaying the same as per agreed terms. Only if such proof is available, then you may consider filing a police complaint as well as a civil suit for recovery of money. If the money lent is under 1cr then you can file case in district court. If amount is greater than 1 Cr, then civil suit has to be filed in High Court. If it's a small amount I suggest settling the matter amicably with him, like reducing the principal or waiving interest on principal. If amount is small, it doesn't make sense to go to court as the cost of recovering the money may prove to be costly thus adding to your frustration. Request you to post detailed query and not vague queries so that appropriate response can be given. Thanx

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

If you have signed any agreement with your relative you need get it dine. You will be needed to prove that you have made payment to him. You will have to issue a legal notice to him first. Secondly after that you can file a civil suit for recovery of money before tge court.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues

4.5 | 394 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Recovery Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 457 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Recovery of Dues issue
Similar questions

I lent around Rs. 1 lacs to my friend through an online account transfer. He is not returning my money back. How do I get my moneyback? He still …

Read More

i asked my travel agent friend to book hotel for 2 different stay, one for me and one for my family and paid INR 50,000 for the stay. The day of my vi…

Read More

Respected Sir, I went to a placement agency in our town on 1st November 2015 with bad unemployment problem. She asked Rs.2000 fee, and after some days…

Read More

I gave to a person 2 lakhs rupees in 2004. I am from village, i have only informal record (just on a diary ) of that but the person signed there. Mone…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue