quesPossibility to avoid paying credit card charges and pay less amount?

I am unable to pay the credit card outstanding amount and want to settle it with minimum amount. Can u please help?


  • ans


    A Credit Card is normally an unsecured credit given by bank to you, meaning the bank has not created any security interest (like mortgage, collateral etc) should you fail to pay up their dues. 


    The Bank can take the following actions against you:


    1. Report your name to the Credit Bureau of India Ltd (CIBIL) which maintains a list of defaulters. This ensures that you do not get another credit card or loan from other banks in the future. It also damages your credit rating for future credit. 


    2. File a civil suit for recovering its dues from you. This is made in the local civil court. These cases go on for several years, and the outcome could be that the court orders you to pay up the dues in which case you will now be legally bound to pay up. 


    3. If you have any assets with the bank whose credit card you hold, it may attach those assets as lien to recover its dues. 


    4. Some banks could also file criminal charges on you under section 406/420 cheating of IPC. This is normally done to intimidate you to settle your dues with the bank.


    But the situation will be different if you are an insolvent. Then you can plead the same in Court and the Court shall decide your punishment, however you shall not be liable to pay any amount.


  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Recovery lawyers in India

Similar questions

In education loan bank is charging compound interest monthly basis instead simple interest annually. can…

Recently i had paid a Token of 2L to a tenant who i had to…

I took some cash from a friend of mine. She had given me some cheques…
Hello Four years back my cousin used our property (land) as a mortgage for loan.…

Recovery Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly