Person took money and ran away. How can we recover the money?

A group of us started a partnership firm and objective was to purchase the cabs and lease to operator. While purchasing the cab operator was also involved in suggesting and during one of the transaction a cheque was given to the operator also to purchase one of the cabs. Since the owner of the cab account details was not known operator took a blank cheque promising to write a name after checking with the owner and ran away after withdrawing the cheque against his name. The police complain has been filed however no recovery done yet. Pls suggest how to take it further.

Answers (2)

212 votes

I am assuming you would be having the details of the cab operator like name, photo, phone number etc. If the police are not able to trace him, I suggest that you hire a private investigator who would do the job in a much more quicker manner. This depends on the value of the amount involved and if the amount is substantial then you must take these steps. Give him all the details. In case you don't have a photo then follow up with the bank from where he has encased the cheque, they may have his footage. Make sure you follow up with the police also, don't abandon that because once he is caught the police case will be continued in court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

117 votes

You can try to have an FIR registered by approaching the magistrate's court and you can file a complaint case along with that. A civil suit should also be filed to recover the amount. Get in touch if you need any more help.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles