Person stayed in hotel for 1 month and now not paying the rent

I am a manager in hotel. One guest stayed in our hotel or 1 month. Now we have all the luggage is in our possession. He has made only half payment and is not wiling to make the rest and is also not responding to calls. What action can we take against him?

Answers (2)

263 votes

You can recover the due amount from the customer for services provided by you. You can file a recovery suit under 37 of Civil Procedure Code to recover the due amounts from the customer. 

125 votes

Legal notice for recovery of payment could be sent to him. You also have criminal law remedies odd lodging a fir for duping you and civil law remedies of money suits etc. Any of these remedies could be pursued by you

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles