Paid money to contractor. No paper work. How to claim it back?

I gave some money to contractor in installments which is in total of 90 lacs. I have no receipts of the payments nor do i have any contract with the contractor. The payment was made by self cheques and were withdrawn by my accountant. Thereafter he has not completed his duty and not returning my calls. I also filed an FIR against him but the police is asking for some paper to support my claim, What can i do?

Answers (1)

307 votes

Was the money paid by cheque?

If the money wasn’t paid by cheque nor you have any document which states that you have hired the contractor, then it is very difficult to prove that you have given money to contractor.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles