nonrepayment of loan

I gave a loan of Rs.5,00,000 to my friend and colleague (a govt. servant ). I gave this amount in two parts First, cash of Rs.2,50,000, 2.5 year ago for which I made a deed on a 100 rupee Non Judicial E- stamp paper and also in consideration I received a self cheque. Second, Rs. 2,50,000 by fund transfer through NEFT, 6 months earlier for which I did not make a legal deed. But now in a paralyse attack he died one month earlier and now his legal heir denied to pay the loan and also threatened me and my family to not to sue in court. Also I want to mention here that the Self cheque is Not having any Dated written on it. So please give me advice on the matter to take legal actions to recover my money from his office dues ( i.e. PF, GRAUITY etc. ) OR from his legal heir.

First of all send a legal notice to his legal heirs and give them 15 days time to repay that amount alont with interest. If they are not ready to make the payment within 15 days from receipt of the notice then you can file a civil suit for recovery against them before court.