×

quesNoida builder not refunding booking amount after cancellation of plot

I had booked 2 plots in Dehradun in 2013 through a Noida builder by paying Rs.50,000 for each plot but since there was no progress in the delivery, I cancelled the plots formally a couple of months ago. Now the builder is not returning me the booking amount. What all legal remedies do I have?

After carefully analyzing your situation, the legal remedy available to you is that you should send a legal notice drafted by a lawyer for asking for refund of the booking amount as you have cancelled your booking formally.

If after the expiry of 30 days the builder doesn't refund the amount then you can file a complaint in the State consumer forum against the said builder.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only