Loan recovery agent approaching to recover 6 year old gulf loans

Dear sir... My query...whether local recovery agent in India is legally authorised to recover 6 year old gulf loans.if they approach me for loan recovery... what document need to verify.

Answers (2)

114 votes

These recovery agents cannot come to you for recovery of a loan which is 6 years old. If its cheque bounced matter or civil recovery matter they have to follow limitation period to file the case.
Procedures followed by recovery agents/agencies are now notified by RBi.

Tell your recovery agents to file case against you & then contest the case 1.limitation ground
Secondly immediately file a police complaint against the recovery agents / bank for mental harassment, threat and illegal means to recover the loan from you rather then approaching through court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

75 votes

recovery cant be made after 3 years as per law of limitation. the exception is that they had taken steps or filed case within 3 years and u got to know about this now. more details about the case would help us in understanding the entire case

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I in allahabad(up)and sold the second hand books to a person.he lives in vadodara(gujarat).we agreed on price of Rs 5000.i sent the via speed…

Read More

i gave 30000 to a neighbour based on bond, a year ago. but they are not any of the amount to me and also abusing while asking them for amount. Please …

Read More

paid to friend "X" amount on Dec 2015 from my credit card account. Promised to return in 6 month, gave post dated cheque 6 nos. After that s…

Read More

Hi.. my friend took a friendly loan of rupees 2L and promised to return in one month, but this did not hapenned, now after 6 months he is making excus…

Read More