Loan given to friend died recently how can I recover the amount

I have given about 30 lakhs loan to one of my known friend for interest. The 30 lakhs amount has been transferred to his account online in smaller amounts in 4 years time and we have not made any written agreement. But recently my friend has died . So i need your help in what way we recover the money from his parents. Are his parents liable to pay there sons loan? Please help me with this in any possible way to recover money from his parents.

Answers (1)

312 votes

I dont know under what circumstances u gave the loan and that too you r saying it was paid in 4 years. Has he paid any money as interest to u, if so, then you can get back the money. As Legal representatives you can sue his parents and his wife, but is your friend having any property or FD then if that is not available then u can file the case against their parents and wife.
Pratap, Advocate.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles