Lent money to friend w/o proof. How can i claim my money from him?

Lent money to a friend through a cheque which is not an a/c payee, I have no proof regarding the money lent than only a certified bank copy that my friend took money from my account through self cheque.

Can I make him pay my money based only on the certified bank copy as he is now refusing to repay my money?


Your first step towards recovery of your dues should be that,

You should send a legal notice through an advocate to your friend asking him to repay your amount within 30 days.

If he does not comply with the said notice you can file a suit for recovery of your dues in the concerned civil court.

You can also file a police complaint under section 406 of the Indian Penal Code which deals with criminal breach of trust.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues

4.5 | 394 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Recovery Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 457 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Recovery of Dues issue
Similar questions

My son took admission in Skyline college Noida affiliated to Mahamaya Technical University after paying a fee of Rs 1 lakh ten thousand. After attendi…

Read More

Hello, My father in low gave almost 9 lack to a guy to start a business in 2008, but he is not doing well and fail to develop his business further, an…

Read More

Sir a person had promised us of providing a job in Dubai and collect an amount of 3 lac frm us and cheated us for complete one yr and now stil cheatin…

Read More

I lended money in exchange for land if borrower fail to return. I have the land papers in original but the contract was not signed in a legal document…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue