×

quesLent money to friend w/o proof. How can i claim my money from him?

Lent money to a friend through a cheque which is not an a/c payee, I have no proof regarding the money lent than only a certified bank copy that my friend took money from my account through self cheque.

Can I make him pay my money based only on the certified bank copy as he is now refusing to repay my money?

Your first step towards recovery of your dues should be that,

You should send a legal notice through an advocate to your friend asking him to repay your amount within 30 days.

If he does not comply with the said notice you can file a suit for recovery of your dues in the concerned civil court.

You can also file a police complaint under section 406 of the Indian Penal Code which deals with criminal breach of trust.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only