Lender threatens and asks for money back. Money given. What to do now?

My mother had taken Rs. 2 Lacs in 2010 from a lady. Lately this lady has been creating a lot of pressure on us to return her amount back. She even called us somewhere and beat us up and is demanding a ransom amount of 10 Lakhs. We have already given them monthly interest for a few months.


We have even filed a complaint against them to the CBI and the governor. My mother had given a blank cheque to that woman. All transactions happened in cash.


Now what can be done about it?




Firstly, with respect to the blank cheque, you should send a written intimation in the nearest Police Station stating that this blank cheque was given as a security and is likely to be misused by this lady from whom your mother had taken the loan.


Get the Diary Entry of this intimation and then intimate the bank to stop the payment in case the cheque is presented for encashment. Attach the Intimation letter given to the Police. 


The reason for doing this is to protect yourself in case this lady fills the cheque with an arbitrary amount and files a S. 138 NI Act complaint for dishonour of cheque against your mother.


Secondly, as you have stated you have filed a complaint with the CBI, you should go and lodge a complaint in the nearest police station and get the FIR registered. In case the police refuses to register an FIR then, you can approach the Court with a complaint under Section 200 and 156(3) of the Code of Criminal Procedure for registration of FIR.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues

4.5 | 394 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Recovery Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 457 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Recovery of Dues issue
Similar questions

I had a guarantee letter written by a friend late last year where I have lent him money and he will return it back April this year. It has been passed…

Read More

My friend refused to pay me back my money How can i recover? He has filed a suit on me that if i ask him to pay back he will suicide, what can i do?…

Read More

Lent money to a friend through a cheque which is not an a/c payee, I have no proof regarding the money lent than only a certified bank copy that my fr…

Read More

I give my Travel Agent 15000 rs in cash but he refused to give my money back what i do?…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue