Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Legal procedure to recover advance money from builder

I have Booked a flat in 2015 and for the same I paid booking amount of 54000/- and builder had agreed to start the construction in August 2015 but there is no activity and when i asked builder about this and the representative told me that they haven't got any updates on the land and the permission are not still not received from the concern department, after that builder send me demand letter to paid 19% of the agreement value and also mentioned in Allotment letter that if I failed to pay then they will charge me 21% interest per annum, so i paid the same but even after that no response from builder. after several visits to the builder office i haven't got a proper answer. in last visit i come to know that they had changed the layout and the number of floors and also the amenities in the project, so i asked builder to cancel my allotment and refund the amount for which builder agreed but its been 2 months and i haven't received my refund. what next step to get my hardearned money.

Answers (3)

Please send a legal notice as soon as possible by appointing a advocate. Even if there is no reply from the Builder then you can file complaint with RERA or/and you can also file a Complaint with consumer Commission. Don't worry you will get back your money.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You check whether builder is registered under RERA or not,
1. If yes, then make written complaint before RERA authority via online
2. If not, then make complaint before consumer forum regarding the same.
this are the option you can utilise but still you want to recover your money then make recovery suit before civil court of your jurisdiction.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
5 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience

1. Firstly , You should move consumer forum against that builder & seek refund of money .

2. Secondly , Send a proper Legal Notice For Recovery Of Refund .

3. Thirdly , Send a another Legal Notice subject " Notice To Builder For Delay in Construction .

4. Fourthly , Complaint against Builder for Cheating & Criminal Breach Of Trust & on that ground third notice send .

5. Cases before Consumer Forum from take 2 years to be disposed of .

6. Contact a Proper Lawyer .

7. If you satisfied with my answer , Please rating me on lawrato & Thanking You in Advance !

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues

4.5 | 394 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Recovery Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 457 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Recovery of Dues issue
Similar questions

hi, we hve already sent a notice but have not got any response from the person who has not paid us. we can not afford a lawyer to represent us as the …

Read More

dear sir i was guarantor to one personal loan from co op bank.loanee defaulated payment bank proceed for recovary to registar office .order is pass to…

Read More

I worked with a person who had his own independent business and he took work from us for more than a month. As soon as the salary day came, he closed …

Read More

one of my friend is builder in pilibhit area he purchased a land near NH-74. after few days he got to know that this property is under bank authority …

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue