Legal action against relative not returning the money lent

25-Apr-2023 (In Recovery Law)
I had given money to a relative in his acoount via cheque. Now he is not willing to give it back. How to get it back using legal.
Answers (1)

Answer #1
527 votes
Dear client,
It's very difficult to recovered money from your relative. As because you give him money as friendly loan through cheque. You didn't excute any written agreement at the time of trasction which is very necessary to take any legal actions against him as documentary evidence. It's OK. Don't loose any hope. If the matter was occurred in the presence of any witness then you logged Fir before police station regarding the matter and also you can send a demand notice through advocate and file complaint petition before the judicial magistrate court. I suggest you to consult a lawyer and elaborately discussed about the matter .

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."