×

quesi got a notice for a loan which is unpaid taken on behalf of a friend

I recently got a notice. I had got a friend a fridge from an electronics shop 5 years ago. Now the friend has gone out of town. The file and loan documents are all in my name. Now the friend has gone and its been 4 years. No one bothered in between. Now I have got a notice from the company to pay the amount and they have even increased the actual amount by adding interest. What should I do now?

We need to know what was the mode of payment for the fridge.

Whether through cash or EMI?

If EMI, then what was the duration and amount?

Furnish us details of payments, only then we would be able to give you proper guidance

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only